axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:42:34 GMT
phew - I'm not going mad !
I can't remember whether reboot is still required for env vars in windows
or not (it always used to be required!) - I think most people use a batch
script to start apache ?

Peter <rwc_dad@yahoo.com>
15/09/2005 20:52
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll

John Hawkins wrote:
> ... I've just trawled the code and can
> find no instance of "AXIS_HOME" being used anywhere

So I removed the definition of the AXIS_HOME
environment variable, rebooted, and axis still works!

I'm puzzled. I was careful to shut down the apache
server and exit the Apache Service Monitor between
changes, thinking that this was all that was needed.
Is it possible that some environment settings are not
seen until a reboot? Maybe due to some service staying
resident?  Perhaps it was the reboot that helped?

I now have Apache working with axis-C++ from built
sources on both win2k and winXP.