axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Lilantha Darshana" <Lilantha.Darsh...@Siebel.com>
Subject RE: Time for 1.6 Alpha? [was Re: server memory leak]
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2005 04:59:27 GMT
Would be a good idea since there are more complains on 1.5. One solution
is to create
a patch version like 1.5.x  ;-). I hope everybody is not going to agree
that though.
Hence, lets 1.6 be a more stable version than the 1.5 and make it alpha
as soon as
possible. All major enhancements planned can push to 1.7 I guess.
+1 from me.

thanks
-Lilantha

-----Original Message-----
From: Samisa Abeysinghe [mailto:samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2005 8:21 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Time for 1.6 Alpha? [was Re: server memory leak]

Hi all,
     I noticed in the past week or so, the users are complaining about
probelms in 1.5 that we have alredy fixed in the SVN head. Most of the
issues are non issues against the current code base.
     Hence would it be not a good idea to package our 1.6 alpha so that
users could try and report bugs against that? I know that we have the
nightly builds, but still nice to have an offical release tag here as
many assume nightly build to be *very buggy*, which is not true in our
case, but still it's a user feeling.
     We may have to spend some energy to fix the docs in line with the
latest chnages, like the server.wsdd changes, but it is still worth
IMHO, given the energy that we have to spend to help users fix issues in

the older release which are already fixed in the current code.

Thoughts please,

Thanks,
Samisa...
Anders Eriksson wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a axis-c server working as a mod to apache1.3
> running on windows. For the axis installation I have
> used the binary distribution from 20050409 on
> http://www.apache.org/dist/ws/axis-c/:
> axis-c-win32-current-bin.zip.
>
> My problem is that the memory usage for apache
> increases after each call to my server. I have made
> tests where I return immediately when entering in
> any of the functions treating the call (onFault, init,
> fini and the webservices function called) to void any
> leaks that I might have created self.
>
> I have also tried to compile the latest cvs version
> (mod_axis.dll, AxisServer.dll, HTTPChannel.dll,
> HTTPTransport.dll, AxisXMLParser.dll) but the
> leak remains.
>
> Anyone recognizes this problem?
>
> /Anders

> Ladda ner din Nametone till mobilen!
http://dl02.cellus.no/sweden/msn2/

Siebel
IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
Visit www.siebel.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and contains confidential
and/or privileged information belonging to Siebel Systems, Inc. or its customers or partners.
Any unauthorized review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of the message and any attachments. Thank
you for your cooperation.