axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Hanno Fietz <ha...@theuprightape.net>
Subject Re: Apache says 404 on calling http://localhost/axis, all libraries found, simple_axis_server and base do work
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2005 08:51:07 GMT
Samisa,

I just tried the following procedure:
- install Apache 2.0.54 manually
- listen on port 8080
- insert LoadModule and SetHandler directives into httpd.conf according
to Axis installation manual
- changed _nothing_ with the Axis configuration
- start Apache

... and it works!

So apparently, the problem must be one of
    a) Apache version (tried with 2.0.48 so far)
    b) unusual path layout of pre-installed Apache

I would place my bet on b), what do you think? Is there any way to find
out what exactly Axis doesn't like about different Apache path layouts?
Is there a way to get it working with different layouts? When I'm going
to install Axis on our productive system, I'm dealing with four servers
with pre-installed Apaches, all readily configured and running. I would
very much like to avoid reinstalling and reconfiguring everything, just
to get Axis working.

Thank you
Hanno

 "A fly can't bird but a bird can fly