axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Peter <rwc_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: v1.5 on XP fails to load mod_axis2.dll
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:52:57 GMT
John Hawkins wrote:
> ... I've just trawled the code and can
> find no instance of "AXIS_HOME" being used anywhere

So I removed the definition of the AXIS_HOME
environment variable, rebooted, and axis still works!

I'm puzzled. I was careful to shut down the apache
server and exit the Apache Service Monitor between
changes, thinking that this was all that was needed.
Is it possible that some environment settings are not
seen until a reboot? Maybe due to some service staying
resident?  Perhaps it was the reboot that helped?

I now have Apache working with axis-C++ from built
sources on both win2k and winXP.