axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Sreevani M S" <sreev...@meritsystems.com>
Subject Re: After Axis install Apache fails to start
Date Wed, 28 Sep 2005 04:38:34 GMT
There will be directory called logs change this to log
might be this may help you

Sreevani
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Cooper_JohnD
  To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
  Cc: Cooper_JohnD@emc.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:42 PM
  Subject: RE: After Axis install Apache fails to start

  Hello,

  I have the EXACT same issue as Thushantha who originally posted this.

  I am running this version of Apache

  C:\>apache -v

  Server version: Apache/2.0.54

  Server built:   Apr 16 2005 14:25:31

  I too added following lines to the end of the httpd.conf file.

  LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll

  <Location /axis>

  SetHandler axis

  </Location>

  axiscpp.conf file as follows,

  LogPath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\Axis\logs\AxisLog.txt

  WSDDFilePath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\axis\conf\server.wsdd

  XMLParser:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\Axis\lib\XMLParser.dll

  Transport_http:C:\Program\Files\Apacheroup\Apache2Axis\lib\HTTPTransport.dll

  Channel_HTTP:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Axis\lib\HTTPChannel.dll

  When I look at the event log I have the following error:

  "The Apache service named  reported the following error:

  >>> Syntax error on line 956 of C:/Program Files/Apache

  Group/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:     .

  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

  <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> > ."

  Well turns out when I look up line 956 it's this line:

  LoadModule axis_module modules/mod_axis2.dll

  Upon further investigation I have found that the 'axis_module' part of the line is what
is causing the syntax error, any ideas????

  If I remove this line Apache starts and runs ok, but Axis is dead, of

  course,

  Can some one help me as well on this issue?

  Thank you,

  John D. Cooper

  Principal Software Eng.