axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Gavin M. Bell" <...@llnl.gov>
Subject Re: Having issues running samples out of the box.
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2005 04:52:18 GMT
Thanks...

There seems to be a couple of things...
First, indeed my LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not set to where the .so files were.
Second, the instructions say to use axiscpp_client... the only lib file
I could find was "axis_client", does that also jive with what you have?
I also had to change where it was expecting to find library files in the
"/etc/axiscpp.conf" file that it was using for this information.

So, I have finally gotten everything to build, with paths appropriately
set.
I compile my hello world client and it seems to make it to my HelloWord
Service just fine (based on log output).  I have a java client to my web
service so it works just fine, confirming that the service is clean.

The only problem is... that the cpp client gets back a "(null)".

Have you seen this before?  do you know why this would be the case?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here is what I see:

--

------