axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Gavin M. Bell" <...@llnl.gov>
Subject Having issues running samples out of the box.
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2005 17:06:36 GMT
Hello Gentle-people...

I am having issues running the axis-c++ distribution sample code.
I am attempting to compile Calculator but it won't even compile.
I am afraid I am not enough of a C++ maven to decypher the errors.  From
what I can tell I am following the book.

Here is what I do on the command line:
cue@moya:[calculator]:[1300]> pwd
/home/cue/workbench/axis-c-1.5.0-linux-src/samples/client/calculator
cue@moya:[calculator]:[1301]> echo $AXISCPP_HOME/
/home/cue/workbench/axis-c-1.5.0-linux-src/
cue@moya:[calculator]:[1302]> ls
Calculator.cpp  Calculator.hpp  Client.cpp
cue@moya:[calculator]:[1303]> g++ *.cpp -I$AXISCPP_HOME/include
-L$AXISCPP_DEPLOY/lib -ldl -laxiscpp_client -ocalculator
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -laxiscpp_client
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
cue@moya:[calculator]:[1304]>

and the code that I am using is right from them!

Help please.  I just need to get off the ground with a HELLO WORLD. :-(
What do I need to do to compile the Calculator sample code?
I have also written a web service client to talk to an existing
HelloWorld web service that I wrote. I generated the code from the wsdl
but I cannot successfully compile that either.  for those willing to
investigate this with me also, I'd be most appreciative.

--

------
   Gavin M. Bell

"I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd."
				-Samuel Jackson (Pulp Fiction)