axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Problems building on Linux: Missing Files
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:31:33 GMT
The ANT build guide can be found here ->

http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/documentation.html (follow link "ANT Build
Guide")

The fact that this is not found in the Linux docs is an over-site - thanks
for finding it. The product started by not using ANT and ANT has
superceded.

Nick Allen <nwa@bitwiserlabs.com>
14/07/2005 17:16
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Problems building on Linux: Missing Files

On Thu, 2005-07-14 at 17:02 +0100, John Hawkins wrote:

> I'm afraid that the thoughts are we don't really support the make
> system. ANT is this projects preferred build system. We have had
> several requests for make support but we simply don't have the
> time/skills.
>
> We can happily help you with ANT though.

I dont really care how it gets built.  I can work with Ant.  Are there
instructions somewhere on how to build it with Ant?

I am surprised that this fact is not listed in the common Linux build
instructions (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/lininstall-guide.html).  Are
these instructions just outdated?

Thanks for you help, John.

--Nick