axis-c-user mailing list archives

From krishna <kris...@lac.uic.edu>
Subject Re: getting attributes from the SoapResponse
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 19:45:10 GMT
Hi Chinthana / All

I am trying to get the server to return me a URI in the SOAP-RESPONSE as
a ref attribute of a complex type.
The service which I selected was the array example using RPC_ENC ( I
beleive in the latest build on the CVS it has shifted to DOC_LIT ).

SERVER STUB MODIFICATIONS

I have modified the stubs in the server code (intArrayType.cpp) by
passing the ref tag to the serialize function ( A very inappropriate way
of doing it but it was supposed to be a makeshift till Axis C++ supports
the functionality of setting attributes on the server side)

I have also modified the server stub to dump the result onto a file
instead of returning it in the SOAP-RESPONSE(ie. The array of integers
is dumped onto a file). The URL returned by the ref tag points to this
result. So the service is also returning a 0 length array in the
SOAP-RESPONSE
and the client side is expected to fetch the file from the URL. My
motivation is to eliminate the time taken to serialize / deserialize
data for very large amount of data ( in GB ). This is a part of a bigger
project which I am trying to implement.

CLIENT STUB MODIFICATIONS

I am now trying to modify the client stub code to ensure that the ref
tag can be extracted from the soap response.
Please see the ref tag as an attribute of intItemArray in the
SOAP_RESPONSE below.

Please find the ( modified server side and unmodified client ) stub
files attached.

Thanks
Krishna

>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:36:05 GMT
>Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux)
>Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
>2c0
><?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
><SOAP-ENV:Envelope
>xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
>xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
>xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
><SOAP-ENV:Body>
><ns1:echoIntArrayResponse xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/">
><intArrayType xsi:type="ns2:intArrayType"
>xmlns:ns2="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"><intItemArray
>ref="http://www.studentserv.lac.uic.edu/streamdata.txt"
>xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-encoding"
>enc:arrayType="xsd:int[0]"></intItemArray>intArrayType
>xsi:type="ns2:intArrayType"

xmlns:ns2="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"></intArrayType></ns1:echoIntArray
Response>

</SOAP-ENV:Body>