axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Problems running under C++ Builder 6
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:08:40 GMT
Please see my answers below...

This is incorrect. For client you have to have AXISCPP_DEPLOY env var
set.
Also you have to have axiscpp.conf file located in %AXISCPP_DEPLOY%
folder.

> If so, I'm only trying to use the client end of things. My colleague
has
> already setup the server end of the AXIS web service in the java
> environment, & I'm not attempting to connect an existing C++
> thick-client to it.
>
> If not, which environment variables do I need and, more importantly,
> what needs them? I compiled the .LIB file without them, so it seems
> strange that my actual application would need them. Likewise, who uses
> the axiscpp.conf file?

Both the serve side as well as the client side uses the axiscpp.conf
file.

Client uses this file to locate the transport and parser files.
If you are only using the client, WSDDFilePath entry is not requires.
But the rest are required. Please see
http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/winuser-guide.html#transport for more
details.

Thanks,