axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Myles Bunbury" <Mii...@CDNameSearch.com>
Subject RE: Problems running under C++ Builder 6
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:39:03 GMT
> would you mind copying the contents of your axiscpp conf file
> here pls.

I've copied the contents below. Nothing fancy...

---

# The comment character is '#'
#Available directives are as follows
#(Some of these directives may not be implemented yet)
#
#WSDDFilePath:The path to the server wsdd
#LogPath:The path to the axis log
#ClientLogPath:The path to the axis client log
#ClientWSDDFilePath:The path to the client wsdd
#Transport_http:The HTTP transport library
#Transport_smtp:The SMTP transport library
#XMLParser:The xml parser library
#NodeName:Node name
#ListenPort:Listening port
#Channel_HTTP:The HTTP transport channel library
#Channel_HTTP_SSL:The HTTP transport secure channel library

#LogPath:Axis\logs\AxisLog.txt
#WSDDFilePath:Axis\conf\server.wsdd
LogPath:D:\New Folder\AxisLog.txt
#WSDDFilePath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Axis\conf\server.wsdd
XMLParser:AxisXMLParser.dll
Transport_http:HTTPTransport.dll
Channel_HTTP:HTTPChannel.dll
Channel_HTTP_SSL:HTTPSSLChannel.dll

---

>Also could you tell us what parser you are using -
> xerces, expat or XML4C.

I'm using the (default?) Xerces 2.2.0 parser. Though once I get this
thing going I'd prefer to use the 2.6.0 version.

>Could you also make sure that parsers
> libs are in your libpath (or whatever it is on your flavour
> of OS) e.g. xerces-2_2_2.0 lib (not the Axis xml parser libs).

I was not doing anything with the Xerces .LIB files before. I moved them
into the same directory as the test application. I tried adding them to
the application. I tried adding them to my project that generates the
Axis .LIB file. No change on the error I'm seeing.

That said, since I'm not having compile errors, why would the .LIB files
be a factor? Shouldn't the compile fail if I'm dependent on a missing
.LIB?

Anyway, perhaps also worth mentioning is that when this access violation
/ abnormal program termination error occurs, it manages to close Outlook
2003. Fun.

I also don't have a HTTPSSLChannel.dll file kicking around as I didn't
find it in either the bin or src axis distributions I downloaded. That
said, I'm NOT doing anything with SSL at the moment.

> I'm sorry to see that this is hard - when we get to the end
> of this it would be good to create a lessons learnt and work
> out what went wrong so we can fix the poor error messages !
> this is an area that I've been trying to improve since the
> first day I started working on this code and it has improved
> greatly so please stay with us and we'll improve it !

Where there's a will there's a way. :)

---

"Some would ask, how could a perfect God create a universe that is
filled
with so much that is evil. They have missed a greater conundrum: why
would a
perfect God create a universe at all?"
   -Sister Miriam Godwinson - "But For The Grace Of God"
"The best things in life aren't things."
   -Art Buchwald
"Never leave a friend behind. Friends are all we have to get us through
life
- and they are the only things from this world that we could hope to see
in
the next."
   -Dean Koontz - "Fear Nothing"

Myles Bunbury, BASc.
Lead Software Developer & Product Supervisor, IP Search
CDNameSearch
Phone: 1 (888) 414-4193 or (613) 739-2956
Fax: (613) 739-1739
Web: www.cdnamesearch.com