axis-c-user mailing list archives

From krishna <kris...@lac.uic.edu>
Subject getting attributes from the SoapResponse
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 17:09:49 GMT
Hi All

I have a few questions ( some are clarifications ) regarding Axis API
and behavior.

1.   Does there exist an API for setting an attribute of an element on
the server side?

2.   Does there exist an API for getting the attribute of a particular
element from the SoapMessage?

       Notes:
       I found a function called getElementForAttributes and
getAttributeAsString in the SoapDeSerializer class.
       I notice that the function
SoapDeSerializer::getElementForAttributes gets only the next token (
element ) and exits.
       How does one access an token which is part of another token

       To make things more clearer. Can I access the ref attribute of
the intItemArray tag in the SOAP-RESPONSE shown below>

> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 15:36:05 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Debian GNU/Linux)
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
> 2c0
> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
> <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
> <SOAP-ENV:Body>
> <ns1:echoIntArrayResponse xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/">
> <intArrayType xsi:type="ns2:intArrayType"
> xmlns:ns2="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"><intItemArray
> ref="http://www.studentserv.lac.uic.edu/streamdata.txt"
> xmlns:enc="http://www.w3.org/2001/06/soap-encoding"
> enc:arrayType="xsd:int[0]"></intItemArray>intArrayType
> xsi:type="ns2:intArrayType"
> xmlns:ns2="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"></intArrayType></ns1:echoIntArrayResponse>
> </SOAP-ENV:Body>
> </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>
>

> 0

3.   Does the axis client process ref tag ( previously href tag on its
own? )

Thanks
Krishna