axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: soapAction and .NET interoperability
Date Thu, 12 May 2005 08:40:49 GMT
which is what Websphere does ;-)

"Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysinghe@virtusa.com>
12/05/2005 09:31
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

cc

Subject
RE: soapAction and .NET interoperability

Surely picking from SOAPAction is a bad idea as this is not something
mandatory.

Then the other sensible means of doing this is to look in the SOAP body
and understand what method to invoke.

Thanks,
Samisa?

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hawkins [mailto:HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 2:18 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: RE: soapAction and .NET interoperability

Do we have a clear direction that we should be heading to? What is the way
we should be finding the operation we're calling?

.NET and  Websphere for example have different methods - which should we
adopt (or some other third method?)

"Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysinghe@virtusa.com>
12/05/2005 06:37

Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

cc

Subject
RE: soapAction and .NET interoperability

Yes, Axis C++ server side is looking for a soap action of the form:
ServiceName#MethodName

It uses the MethodName to locate the method to be invoked.
This is not a very good practice and is something that need be fixed.

Thanks,
Samisa...