axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Yampolsky, Robert" <ryamp...@harris.com>
Subject soapAction and .NET interoperability
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 20:38:58 GMT
I've seen posted here that Axis services don't work with soapAction set
to "".  I can verify that that's the case.  With no soapAction, I get a
"Soap method is not allowed to invoke" exception, but when I put it in,
I'm able to access the service.  As a matter of fact, it seems to only
require the method (i.e.  soapAction="#METHOD" works just as well as
soapAction="SERVICE#METHOD").

My problem is that I need to interoperate with .NET clients, and they
don't seem to set soapAction (at least by default).

Does anybody know of a workaround for this?  Either a way to define my
service to not require soapAction or a way to
get a .NET client to provide the method name in the soapAction header?

Thanks,
Rob