axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Yampolsky, Robert" <ryamp...@harris.com>
Subject URL encoding or HTML encoding
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 21:16:56 GMT
I'm trying to figure out whether Axiscpp uses URL encoding or HTML
encoding to handle special characters in message payloads.

I'm guessing it uses HTML encoding, since I see references to
ENCODED_LESSER set to "&lt;".  But the organization that's setting
standards for my web services project just put out a survey saying that
they think 'everyone' uses URL encoding (which a quick Google search
shows to be %<hex>).  Since these guys seem to have embraced .NET, I
want to make sure they're not just saying .NET uses URL encoding, so
everyone must...

Can Axiscpp do it either way, or does it always use HTML encoding (or
something else)?

Thanks,

R o b   Y a m p o l s k y
Harris Corporation