axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Server closing connection
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 10:27:15 GMT

I was asking for the SOAP message to see if there is any connection
related HTTP headers like "connection: close", which Axis C++ is capable
of handling.
The "FIN" is at TCP/IP level and this seems to be not handled by the
transport - so you are correct.

The problem is that because the HTTP version is 1.1, the transport
assumes the default behavior of "connection: keep-alive" and assumes the
connection to be open next time around. I think the solution would be to
have a "FIN" handling mechanism at the Channel level. In my
understanding this is a bug in Axis C++ and need to be fixed.

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Popa Horia [mailto:horiadorupopa@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 4:15 PM
To: 'Apache AXIS C User List'
Cc: Samisa Abeysinghe
Subject: RE: Server closing connection

I have installed a network analizer: http://www.ethereal.com/ and
checked the TCP/IP packages sent between the client and server. After
about 10 seconds after the client receives the response from the server,
the server send a TPC/IP package "FIN" in which it announce the client
that it is closing the connection.

In my opinion the problem is not at the SOAP messages level but in the
HTTP connection.
Below are the SOAP messages.
Great and fast response/support from Axis team. Thank you !

REQUEST:

POST /axis/services/FusionAccountsManagerService HTTP/1.1

Host: 127.0.0.1:5555

Authorization: Basic blBvd2VyMS4wOjEyMzQ=

SOAPAction: ""

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<SOAP-ENV:Envelope
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<ns1:getSerialNumber
xmlns:ns1="http://webservices.installer.fusion7.fusion.websitepros.com/F
usionAccountsManager">
<ns1:SerialNumber>NNW-100-R-084-00024-30806</ns1:SerialNumber>
</ns1:getSerialNumber>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

RESPONSE

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

Transfer-Encoding: chunked

Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 10:11:24 GMT

Server: Apache-Coyote/1.1

1b9

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><soapenv:Body><get
SerialNumberResponse <http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance>
xmlns="http://webservices.installer.fusion7.fusion.websitepros.com/Fusio
nAccountsManager"><GetSerialNumberResult
<http://webservices.installer.fusion7.fusion.websitepros.com/FusionAccou
ntsManager>
xsi:nil="true"/></getSerialNumberResponse></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envel
ope>

0