axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: Can't build 1.5 source - .deps not there
Date Wed, 25 May 2005 02:51:41 GMT
Please note that the Makefile.am files are not up-to-date in 1.5
release. (May be it builds half way, but may not link all the stuff
correctly )
Only the ant build works properly.

Have you tried building with ant?

Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Yampolsky, Robert [mailto:ryampols@harris.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2005 11:44 PM
To: Yampolsky, Robert; axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Can't build 1.5 source - .deps not there

So, looking at the Makefile's I guess these .deps directories are
supposed to be generated on the fly by make running the 'depcomp'
script.
I'm running RHEL 3.0, but somebody here patched the system to load the
2.96 gcc toolset as required by Oracle 9 for its installation.  I undid
the symlinks between gcc->gcc295 and g++->g++296 to point them to the
gcc323 and g++323 versions, but I'm guessing that depcomp is using other
parts of the toolchain that are inconsisten, missing or whatever.
I've been able to get the makefiles to run by editing out all the DEPS
stuff, and I suppose that's alright, since I assume this is just for
automatic dependency detection.
So, bottom line, my question is this:
Am I looking for trouble getting Axis C++ to run on an RHEL 3.0 system
that has this hybrid compiler set?
Is it possible that other problems I've been having (can't get ?wsdl
URL's to work) could be related to this?
Thanks,
Rob