axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Ian Harder" <i...@hardersoft.com>
Subject RE: Creating ws client within ws server
Date Wed, 04 May 2005 03:28:13 GMT
Thanks for the info Tim.  I should be able to work around it, although it
would be nice not to have that kind of restriction on an Axis process.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Bartley [mailto:tbartley@au1.ibm.com]
Sent: May 3, 2005 8:03 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: Re: Creating ws client within ws server

Hi Ian,

"Ian Harder" <ianh@hardersoft.com> wrote on 04/05/2005 10:47:25:
> I've been working on a project where a web service is used to
> perform a number of tasks, including the calling of another web
> service to verify a user id.
>
> When I attempt to create the web service client within the server
> method, the server method dies, and control jumps right to the fini
> method.  I've tried a number of things including creating the client
> both statically and dynamically, etc, but no matter what, whenever
> the client is created the server method it dies.

I don't believe this is possible today. Axis C++ can't operate in both
client and server mode, or behave as multiple clients or behave have
multiple servers.

I have previously opened requirements AXISCPP-427 and AXISCPP-426 to help
address this (see: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-427 and
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXISCPP-426).

The only way I could think of to workaround this today would be to have two
(or more) separate instances of Axis (different shared library names,
different C++ namespace) and set one up as the server and the other as the
client. This would be very painful.

Regards,

Tim