axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: debugging a service which uses Apache plugin
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2005 02:17:33 GMT
On Linux, I have used gdb to debug with '-X'
1. Run gdb with httpd:
#> gdb httpd
2. Then on gdb prompt run:
gdb> r -X

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Blecken [mailto:cblecken@macrovision.com]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 10:48 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: RE: debugging a service which uses Apache plugin

I have only a little bit experience with the apache plugin. If you do
the apache
 plugin stdout (printf) is the only way I know of (and running apache
with -X).

The SimpleAxisServer can be run inside the debugger, which makes it
great for
finding problem :)

Carsten

A somehow related email from the dev list :

> Firstly - has any one got the module workiing on windows?

Yes it is working on Windows XP machine as well as on the test setup
with Windows 2003 server machine.

If you are facing problems the best is to run apache indebug mode
(Apache -X) and watch for the output.
Please note that the client transport is also required tobe on the
path for the server to run on Windows (Yes there is a problem here)

> Secondly - can some tell me, if I put stdio into the module (for
debug)
> where does it come out?

If you have stdouts, if you run apache in debug mode (using Apache -X)
then the output will appear on the console. If apache is not started
with -X you will not see any stdouts

The common problems the server would fail to work are:
1. Trying to run apache with a new module and old Axis DLLs (or vice
versa)
2. Clint transport dll not being on the path (All axis cpp dlls should
be on path)
3. Apache not being able to locate the xerces dll (need to have this on
path)
4. axiscpp.conf not on %AXISCPP_DEPLOY% folder (note that it is on
linux that you have to have the conf file in etc folder - I would like
this to be the same on both platforms)
5. server.wsdd not at the location as specified in axiscpp.conf.
6. the service dlls not loated at the location specified by server.wsdd

when verifying the server deployment first verify that apache works
http://localhost/
then verify that axis works with http://localhost/axis/ (note that the
url http://localhost/axis with the trailing '/' missing does not
work.)

If apache works and axis url does not work, often the problems are
likely to be 5 and/or 6
If apache fails to work, then one of the problems 1 to 4 are likely
and apache cannot load the module.

HTH.

Thanks,
Samisa...