axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SimpleAxisServer will not start
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:09:50 GMT
I had posted the same problem and did not get a reply :(

-- dims

On 4/28/05, Jeff Clary <jclary@euronetworldwide.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am having trouble getting Axis C++ SimpleAxisServer to start under Windows XP.  It
gives the following message:

> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
>
> I followed the instructions at http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/wininstall-guide.html, in
the "Installation with Simple Axis Server" section.  In particular:

> 1. I created the folder W:\SimpleAxisServer.
> 2,3,4. I extracted axis-c-1-5-win32.zip copied the deploy folder to W:\SimpleAxisServer,
and renamed it Axis.
> 5,6.  I set AXISCPP_DEPLOY=W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis and added W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\lib
to my PATH variable.
> 7. I copied SimpleAccessServer.exe from the extracted files to W:\SimpleAxisServer.
> 8,9,10. I copied the required DLLs to W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\lib, including xerces-c_2_2_0.dll.
 (I renamed AxisXMLParser_Xerces.dll to AxisXMLParser.dll as instructed.)
> 10. I edited W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\axiscpp.conf as follows:
>
> LogPath:W:\SimpleAxisServer\log\AxisLog
> WSDDFilePath:W:\SimpleAxisServer\Axis\conf\server.wsdd
> XMLParser:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\AxisXMLParser.dll
> Transport_http:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\HTTPTransport.dll
> Channel_HTTP:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\HTTPChannel.dll
> Channel_HTTP_SSL:W:\SimpleAxisServer\lib\HTTPSSLChannel.dll
>
> 11. I opened a command prompt in W:\SimpleAxisServer and ran the command "SimpleAxisServer
80".  No joy.  I retried it with port 8080.  Following the note in the instructions, I copied
AxisClient.dll to W:\SimpleAxisServer.  In fact, I copied *all* the DLLs from the Axis bin
directory to W:\SimpleAxisServer.

> I checked the W:\SimpleAxisServer\log\AxisLog file for errors, but it is empty.  (I created
it empty just in case Axis needed an existing log file.)

> Sorry if this is a FAQ kind of thing, but I searched the lists without finding anything
obvious.  I did find something dated 2004-07-06 saying SimpleAxisServer was out of date and
has problems.  Could that still be the case?