axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Simon Detheridge <si...@widgit.com>
Subject Re: Apache says 404
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:45:57 GMT
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 02:35, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Hi Simon,
>
> Please double check the contents of $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc/axiscpp.conf file.
> Make sure that the location of the files mentioed in axiscpp.conf are
> in the correct locaions.

I have done so. I have also symlinked $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc/axiscpp.conf
into /etc, just in case.

Incidentally, if I do either omit or deliberately mis-spell one of the
settings in axiscpp.conf, apache just starts spewing millions of
N7axiscpp19AxisEngineExceptionE errors to the error_log... So it looks
like it can find all the files and libs.

> (As you can run simple axis server I hope the above settings are ok -
> but just verify)
>
> Also, you have to check if Apache can locate the xerces libs as well
> as Axis C++ libs. We have seen similar problems when apache could not
> locate xerces libs. I copied xerces libs to /usr/libs and the problem
> was one (yes it is not the best thing to do) May be you could add
> xerces lib path to /etc/ld.so.conf

xerces-c is installed into /usr/lib also. (In fact, gentoo installs
everything --prefix=/usr by default) - so that's not it. The path to the
axis libs is in ld.so.conf also, however. (I tried symlinking the
xerces-c libs into the axis libs directory, no luck there.)

Is axis-c picky about the xerces-c version I have installed? I have
version 2.6.0, and the docs ask for 2.2.0...

Thanks,
Simon