axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Manohar K Chintala <cmano...@IN.IBM.COM>
Subject RE: HTTP transport error while using setProxy() method
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 09:33:32 GMT

Hi Samisa,

Thanks for the quick response.

When I bypassed monitor port ( in the test properties file), setProxy()
worked and the test is passing. However, there is no information on what
happens when a user sets a proxy which is not alive/active. Should an
exception be thrown in such case ? I've tried setting a proxy which is not
alive and found nothing in test output or error file. For this reason only
I wanted to understand why we are using proxy server.

Regards
Manohar

             "Samisa
             Abeysinghe"
             <SAbeysinghe@virt                                          To
             usa.com>                  "Apache AXIS C User List"
                                       <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
             03/09/2005 12:36                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: HTTP transport error while
             Please respond to         using setProxy() method
              "Apache AXIS C
                User List"

Hi Manohar,
             When using the proxy, you may need to use an external endpoint
(which the proxy is aware of)
             In your case, your proxy server does not know of 'localhost'.
If
you use the IP address of machine in place of 'localhost' it may work.

             How I tested was to use inquire_v2 test with
http://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/testregistry/inquiryapi endpoint and
using my proxy server.
Thanks,
Samisa...