axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Samisa Abeysinghe" <SAbeysin...@virtusa.com>
Subject RE: HTTP transport error while using setProxy() method
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:06:00 GMT
Hi Manohar,
	If the channel cannot connect to the proxy server, it should be
throwing the same exception that it would have thrown throw in case it
could not connect to the endpoint when a proxy is not in use.

	All what the channel does is that it uses the proxy server as
the host to connect to instead of the endpoint host when there is a
proxy setting.

	If an exception is not thrown then there is something wrong -
possibly a bug. I will have a look.

Thanks,
Samisa...

-----Original Message-----
From: Manohar K Chintala [mailto:cmanohar@IN.IBM.COM]
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 3:34 PM
To: Apache AXIS C User List
Subject: RE: HTTP transport error while using setProxy() method

Hi Samisa,

Thanks for the quick response.

When I bypassed monitor port ( in the test properties file), setProxy()
worked and the test is passing. However, there is no information on what
happens when a user sets a proxy which is not alive/active. Should an
exception be thrown in such case ? I've tried setting a proxy which is
not
alive and found nothing in test output or error file. For this reason
only
I wanted to understand why we are using proxy server.

Regards
Manohar

             "Samisa

             Abeysinghe"

             <SAbeysinghe@virt
             usa.com>                  "Apache AXIS C User List"

                                       <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>

             03/09/2005 12:36
cc
             PM

Subject
                                       RE: HTTP transport error while

             Please respond to         using setProxy() method

              "Apache AXIS C

                User List"

Hi Manohar,
             When using the proxy, you may need to use an external
endpoint
(which the proxy is aware of)
             In your case, your proxy server does not know of
'localhost'.
If
you use the IP address of machine in place of 'localhost' it may work.

             How I tested was to use inquire_v2 test with
http://www-3.ibm.com/services/uddi/testregistry/inquiryapi endpoint and
using my proxy server.
Thanks,
Samisa...