axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <hawki...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Connection timeout vs response timeout?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:00:36 GMT
What do exactly do we mean by response timeout - is it the time before the
first byte comes back across the wire? Or the time for the whole msg to
get back ?

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
24/02/2005 01:35
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Connection timeout vs response timeout?

Hi Tim,
    As of now, we have only the concept of connection timeout.
    It is not defined what would happen if a response gets delayed.
Sounds to me it is a good idea to look into this.

Thanks,
Samisa...

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:08:50 +1000, Tim Bartley <tbartley@au1.ibm.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the client side, are connection timeouts able to be controlled
> indpendently of response timeouts?
>
> I commonly want a short connection timeout but a longer response timeout
-
> if connection is going to fail I want to know quickly and failover but
I'm