axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Nadir Amra <a...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Multi-byte locale limitations?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:18:04 GMT
The AXIS code currently assumes that everything coming in and everything
going out is UTF-8.  Thus, if you are running in a locale that is a subset
of UTF-8 (e.g. ISO-8859-1 character set), then you should be OK.  However,
if you are running in a locale such as japanese or chinese, then you are
out of luck.

This is something that will hopefully be fixed in the near future.