axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <hawki...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Connection timeout vs response timeout?
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2005 13:07:09 GMT
agreed.

Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
24/02/2005 11:15
Please respond to
"Apache AXIS C User List"

Apache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Connection timeout vs response timeout?

As per the pull model used in Axis C++, it starts parsing the message
as soon as some part of the message is received. Hence it would make
more sense to time out on first byte arrival.
However, if a message is partially dealt with the pull parser, and the
other part does not arrive (or too late), there has to be mechanisms
to deal with that as well.

Samisa...

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:00:36 +0000, John Hawkins <hawkinsj@uk.ibm.com>
wrote:

> What do exactly do we mean by response timeout - is it the time before
the
> first byte comes back across the wire? Or the time for the whole msg to
get
> back ?
>

> Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com>
>
> 24/02/2005 01:35
> Please respond to
> "Apache AXIS C User List"
> ToApache AXIS C User List <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
> cc
> SubjectRe: Connection timeout vs response timeout?
>

> Hi Tim,
>    As of now, we have only the concept of connection timeout.
>    It is not defined what would happen if a response gets delayed.
> Sounds to me it is a good idea to look into this.
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>

> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:08:50 +1000, Tim Bartley <tbartley@au1.ibm.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On the client side, are connection timeouts able to be controlled
> > indpendently of response timeouts?
> >
> > I commonly want a short connection timeout but a longer response
timeout -
> > if connection is going to fail I want to know quickly and failover but
I'm