axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Nadir Amra <a...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Multi-byte locale limitations?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 03:31:06 GMT
A lot of the string functions depend on the locale.

I do not have a definitate answer, but from what I know, things will work
if you are running in a locale that has a character set that is the same
in UTF-8.  This, running ISO-8859-1 locale will work since the character
set is the same in UTF-8.

However, I would not be confident if a process was running in japanese or
chinese locale, even if the data is in UTF-8.  But others may have a
better handle on this. It may work.

Tim Bartley <tbartley@au1.ibm.com> wrote on 02/27/2005 09:24:29 PM:

> Thanks,
>
> If I ensure that everything I pass in or out of Axis is UTF-8 will I
> still encounter problems if the process itself is running in a non-
> UTF-8 (or subset) locale? Why does the process locale even matter?
>
> Tim
> --
> IBM Tivoli Access Manager Development
> Gold Coast Development Lab, Australia
> +61-7-5552-4001 phone
> +61-7-5571-0420 fax
>

> Nadir Amra <amra@us.ibm.com>
> 28/02/2005 13:18
>
> Please respond to
> "Apache AXIS C User List"

> "Apache AXIS C User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
>
> cc
>
> Subject
>
> Re: Multi-byte locale limitations?
>

> The AXIS code currently assumes that everything coming in and everything

> going out is UTF-8.  Thus, if you are running in a locale that is a
subset
> of UTF-8 (e.g. ISO-8859-1 character set), then you should be OK.
However,