axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Stephane Antonietti" <steph...@experian-scorex.com>
Subject Re: returning XML as xsd:string
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 01:28:40 GMT
Hi Guys

I was playing with this stuff a couple of months ago. Did you try to
embed you XML string in CDATA Tag. I works fine for me. Then you prevent
your XML parser to deal with that string.

Hope it'll help

Regards

--
Stephane Antonietti
Sr Technical Consultant

Experian-Scorex, Monaco
Tel : +377 97 98 54 89
Fax: +377 97 98 54 54
Mob:+377 678 635 347
stephane@experian-scorex.com
www.experian-scorex.com
John Bodfish wrote:
> Bruce:
>

> Embedding an XML document in a SOAP message (which is an XML document
> itself) is nearly impossible to do in with any guarantee that it will
> work for any arbitrary document – unless you transform the XML document
> into a character encoding that won’t contain any characters that are
> treated specially by the XML parser at the receiving end.
>

> See http://webservices.xml.com/pub/a/ws/2002/08/28/endpoints.html for
> more details. The author’s conclusion: “Unfortunately, while it can be
> prohibitively expensive (in terms of message size and memory use),
> Base64 strings have been the only approach that works and is portable.”
> Note that if you choose this approach your application (and those you
> exchange message with) will have to convert the embedded XML document to
> and from Base64.
>

> John

***************************************************************************************************************************************

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential and/or legally privileged. If you have
received this e-mail and you are not a named addressee, please inform the Experian-Scorex
IT Service Desk on +377 97 98 54 54 and then delete the e-mail from your system. If you are
not a named addressee you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this
e-mail. Although Experian-Scorex routinely screens for viruses, addressees should scan this
e-mail and any attachments for viruses. Experian-Scorex makes no representation or warranty
as to the absence of viruses in this E-mail or any attachments. Please note that to ensure
regulatory compliance and for the protection of its clients and business, Experian-Scorex
may monitor and read e-mails sent to and from its servers