axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Tony Dodd" <tony.d...@btinternet.com>
Subject Windows, Xerces, UTF-8
Date Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:46:51 GMT
I cannot deserialize non-ASCII characters in strings. The problem appears to
be that the Xerces parser wrapper XercesHandler.cpp calls
XMLString::transcode() which, under Windows, calls WideCharToMultiByte with
argument CP_ACP, thus converting Unicode to ASCII rather then UTF-8.

Before trying to rebuild the library with a UTF-8 transcoder - a non-trivial
exercise since the source of Xerces I have is for the latest version - I'd
be grateful to hear if there is some simpler workaround (or if I'm barking
up the wrong tree altogether).

Thanks

Tony Dodd
Oxford University RTS