axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Dushshantha Chandaradasa <dushshantha.chandarad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problems starting apache1.3 on linux with axis-c-1.4
Date Thu, 27 Jan 2005 04:55:53 GMT
hi Samisa and Jutta,

I think i'm also having the same problem. But im using Apache 2.0.
Error_log says that "terminate called after throwing an instance of
'axiscpp::AxisEngineException'
  what():  N7axiscpp19AxisEngineExceptionE"

Dushshantha

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:19:21 +0000, Samisa Abeysinghe
<samisa.abeysinghe@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>     According to the doc, there is no mention of AddModule.
>
> What you have to add is:
> LoadModule axis_module libexec/libaxiscpp_mod.so
>  <Location /axis>
>  SetHandler axis
>  </Location>
>
> I am not that familiar with Apache 1.3 deployment, but I do not think
> that you need "AddModule"
>
> Please someone verify this...
>
> Thanks,
> Samisa...
>
> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:09:59 +0100, jata-c@gmx.net <jata-c@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hello Samisa,
> >
> > thanks for you answer and the information.
> >
> > Here is what happens:
> >
> > When I remove the line "AddModule mod_axis.cpp" from the httpd.conf apache will
start but I can't acces the axis start page ("The requested URL /axis was not found on this
server.")
> > The error_log says:
> > "[error] : Cannot remove module mod_axis.cpp: not found in module list"
> >
> > If I add the AddModule line again,  apache does not start at all ("httpd could not
be started") but it doesn't give any reasons. The error_log contains no new entries and I
didn't get any other output using the -X option.

> > Anyway, I can't locate the file mod_axis.cpp - do I need to install it somewhere?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jutta
> >

> > Hi,
> > Please try running apache server in debug mode using:
> > httpd -X
> >
> > Most of the time, this will write out errors to standard output.
> >
> > > (nonexistent) $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/conf ?
> > $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/conf is no more used. Rather $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc is used.
> > Make sure that axiscpp.conf is in that folder and also make sure that
> > locations of the entries in the axiscpp.conf are correct.
> >
> > > I already tried to install axis from sources, but there is no configure-script(?)
> > Yes this is a packaging mistake. You can use the command:
> > sh autogen.sh
> > to generate the configure script.
> >
> > Additionally have a look at the $APACHE_HOME/logs/error_log for any clues.
> > If you could send more info on the httpd -X and any Axis related
> > errors in $APACHE_HOME/logs/error_log, it would be easier to help fix
> > the problems.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Samisa...
> >
> > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:07:17 +0100, jata-c@gmx.net <jata-c@gmx.net> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using the binaries of axis-c-1.4 and followed the installation instructions
very closely. $AXISCPP_HOME and $AXISCPP_DEPLOY are known to root, and the axiscpp.conf and
server.wsdd are set up as described in the documentation.
> > > But I also had to add the line "AddModule mod_axic.cpp" in the httpd.conf,
otherwise I got an errror message because of a broken config file.

> > > Now, when calling apachectl start, the process aborts and I get the message
"httpd could not be started". I also get a warning: ".../libaxiscpp_mod.so uses plain Apache
1.3 API, this modul might crasch under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)".

> > > I already tried to install axis from sources, but there is no configure-script(?).
I am not so experienced with linux-systems, so am I missing something?

> > > Do I need to copy any files (axiscpp.conf) into my $APACHE_HOME directory or
in the (nonexistent) $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/conf ? I found people writing about this in some old
mails, but it seems to apply to older versions.