axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Day Reynolds, LennonX J" <lennonx.j.day.reyno...@intel.com>
Subject Non-Xerces parsers in 1.4-final
Date Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:01:07 GMT
I know that Expat support has been removed from the 1.4 code base, but
was wondering about the state of the parsers in the 'xml/txpp' and
'xml/tspp' source directories. The project in which my team is current
using Axis has a dependency on a much older version of the Xerces
library than Axis does. Unfortunately, we don't really have resources
for the porting effort required to use a newer Xerces library right now.

So, are either of the other two parsers in a state where they'd be
recommended for production use? If not, will the 1.3 Expat parser likely
still work, even if officially deprecated?

Thanks,

Lennon Day-Reynolds
lennonx.j.day.reynolds@intel.com