axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Leonid Gerzon" <leonid.ger...@amdocs.com>
Subject Problem with serialization of complex parameters in axis C++ (RCP)
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 14:19:40 GMT

Hello!

I have a problem with sending complex parameters
to Web Services from axis C++ client (in RPC style).

Axis C++ serializes complex types as follows:
it puts the parameter type in both: name and type fields.

But if such a complex type is a member of another complex type,
then its name may be different from its type.

Here what is in my WSDL (types):

   <complexType name="DigitalRightPermission">
    <sequence>
     <element name="descr" type="xsd:string"/>
    </sequence>
   </complexType>

   <complexType name="ServiceGroup">
    <sequence>
     <element minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="1" name="dp"
type="DigitalRightPermission"/>
    </sequence>
   </complexType>

here what is in soap request (sent by axis C++ client):

            <ServiceGroup type="ServiceGroup">
               <DigitalRightPermission type="DigitalRightPermission">
                 <descr type="xsd:string">THE DESCRIPTION</descr>
               </DigitalRightPermission>
            </ServiceGroup>

and I receive an error response from axis java server that tag
DigitalRightPermission
is wrong.

here how it should look in soap:

            <ServiceGroup type="ServiceGroup">
               <dp type="DigitalRightPermission">
                 <descr type="xsd:string">THE DESCRIPTION</descr >
               </dp>
            </ServiceGroup>

Is it a bug in axis C++ code or I need to configure axis C++ so it will
use right serialization of complex objects?

Thanks in advance,
Leonid Gerzon.

Thank you.