axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Gudbrand Hegge <g.he...@online.no>
Subject Use of xsi:type attribute.
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2004 14:03:46 GMT
Hi.

Refer to message 1068 Problem with deserialization in client (2004-11-04).

Samisa Abeysinghe wrote;
"Looks like the missing type is causing the problem.
I am not sure how to fix this with JBoss.
I think it is fair enough that Axis C++ expect the type to be specified in
SOAP."

By expecting the type to specified do this interfere with the Basic profile
"R1017   A RECEIVER MUST NOT mandate the use of the xsi:type attribute in
messages except as required in order to indicate a derived type".

For Basic profile 1.1 se
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.1-2004-08-24.html 3.1.8 xsi:type
Attributes

For basic profile 1.0 see
http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicProfile-1.0-2004-04-16.html#refinement16465616

Just curious about the differce we found in axis-c and Borland soap lib for
delphi.

Kind regard
Gudbrand Hegge