axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Bob Blair <bblai...@yahoo.com>
Subject Building from Linux source
Date Sat, 11 Dec 2004 20:57:59 GMT
I'm embarrassed to ask, but I'm missing something very
basic.

I downloaded the 1.3 distribution as
   axis-c-src-linux-current-src.tar.gz
and followed the INSTALL instructions to build it.
Apparantly the configure script did not understand my
very basic Redhat 8.1 setup (though it did not
complain) because the build fails in several places
for things like failing to include stdio.h in header
files that use FILE.

Thinking it might be a 1.3 problem, I downloaded the
1.4 alpha (same file name, by the way -- isn't that a
bit confusing?)  The 1.4 tar file did not even contain
a configure script.

Am I supposed to be able to build on a linux host from
the contents of " axis-c-src-linux-current-src.tar.gz
 "?  If so, where are the instructions?

Bob Blair