axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Services Hosted by Non-Webservers
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2004 01:41:52 GMT
Hi Jared,
    Axis C++ has a "transport abstraction layer" which is used by both the client side as
well as
the server side.
    Reading through your requirement, as I understood, you could use the transport abstraction
layer API to write your own server side transport to get your job done. Please have a look
at the
simple_axis_server (in src/server/simple_axis_server/) for a sample standalone implementation
of
the transport API. Sometimes, you would be able to use this simple axis server as it is for
your
purpose and it can be run on whichever port you want.
    If you want to get an idea on how to implement your own server side transport, please
have a
look at the SimpleAxisTransport class (in src/server/simple_axis_server/). This implements
the
transport abstraction API defined in src/transport/SOAPTransport.h.

HTH.

Thanks,
Samisa...