axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: Problem with Axis C++/ Win XP/ Apache 1.3.31
Date Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:29:26 GMT
hi Mazhar,

>I tried to start the server with "apache -X" as suggested in the User
> Manual. But theres no activity from the server. Its not coming up and
> does not gives any error too.
I hope you have the correct entry in the httpd.conf file.

>Also, I copied the AxisServer.dll and AxisTransport.dll in Axis\lib
>folder.
In addition to this you also need the Parser.dll to be copied as
instructed in the Installation Guide. The following section is from the
Installation guide.
//----from the Installation guide

10.If you want to use the Expat parser with Axis C++, rename
AxisXMLParser_Expat.dll (which is located at Axis_Extract/bin ) to
AxisXMLParser.dll and copy it to [Axis_Folder]/lib
Note:The Expat XML Parser module is not currently maintained and also
contains some bugs.For more information refer the contents section.

11.If you want to use the Xerces parser with Axis C++, rename
AxisXMLParser_Xerces.dll (which is located at Axis_Extract/bin ) to
AxisXMLParser.dll and copy it to [Axis_Folder]/lib

      * Copy libexpat.dll file from [Expat_Folder]\Libs to
        [Axis_Folder]/lib/
      * Copy xerces-c_2_2_0.dll from [Xerces_Folder]/bin/ to
        [Axis_Folder]/lib/

//------end from the Installation guide------
Currently Axis C++ supports only the Xerces parser. So you have to
follow the instructions related to the Xerces parser from the above.
Otherwise you will get problems, because you need at least one of them
to use Axis C++.

>Here I have one doubt...I have edited the axiscpp.conf file to add the
> following lines in it. Hope I am right here.
>
> LogPath:C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\Axis\logs\AxisLog.txt
> WSDDFilePath:C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\Axis\conf\server.wsdd
> #XMLParser:AxisXMLParser.dll
> Transport_http:C:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\Axis\lib\AxisTransport.dll

> Since I have not installed the XML Parser I have commented it.
No, you need at least one of the above mentioned parsers to run Axis
C++, because both either at the server or client side XML parsing is
happening. So you need to follow the above step which I have mentioned.
Also you will have to install the xerces-c parse as instructed in the
Installation Guide.

After doing this still if you have a problem let us know, it in details
with the error messages.

Rgds,
Roshan