axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Question on "Soap method is not allowed to invoke"
Date Tue, 16 Nov 2004 01:27:23 GMT
Axis C++ uses "SOAPAction" HTTP header to locate the method being invoked.
By default Axis Java does not set this. This must be the reason that you are getting "Requested
method is not allowed" (Yes, it should have said "SOAPAction missing" or something like that)

BTW: Did you use Axis Java client from the same host?

Also: Even if you get the "method not allowed" problem fixed, in case you are using a RPC
style
C++ service, you would not be able to interoperate with a Java client because the SOAP stream
sent
by the server is incorrect. Additionally, if your Java client sends href/multiref tags, again
the
server will fail to deserialize SOAP. I have not tested doclit services with C++ server and
Java
client.

Thanks,
Samisa...