axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: notes on doc (win)
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:25:35 GMT
Hi Rangika,
   In Linux install doc, we first tell the user how to set AXISCPP_DEPLOY and AXISCPP_HOME
variables and then use those to explain the rest of the actions. e.g. " A sample configuration
file named axiscpp.conf_linux is installed in $AXISCPP_DEPLOY/etc folder."

   If we want to talk about another folder we use something like
"--with-xercesc=/path/to/xerces-c".

   The moment I read the Win install gude, I thought that you guys (or girls) are using a
differnt
env. var. named AXIS_FOLDER. May be you have used this correctly, however, most of the users
skim
throuhg the doc and try to get it up and running. Hence those *conventions* are at times important
to make the docs more user friendly. There is nothing wrong using AXIS_FOLDER. But it is better
use AXISCPP_DEPLOY like the Linux doc has done.

Thanks,
Samisa...