axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Christopher J. Campbell" <Chris.Campb...@AssetSmart.com>
Subject RE: 1.3 welcome (/axis) page parse error with expat 1.95.8
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:00:25 GMT
Hi again,

FYI I've confirmed that this error is actually coming from the browser
as it tries to render the /axis page, which indeed is not strictly
well-formed per XHTML 1.0.  (The <br> tags should be <br /> in addition
to the border="0" change cited earlier).

What browser are you guys using?  I've tried Firefox 1.0, Mozilla 1.7
and IE 6.0; none of them can render the /axis page on my system.

By the way the test client binaries run fine so Axis itself is
functional, which is obviously the important thing. I'll begin coding my
app tomorrow.

Cheers,
ChrisC

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher J. Campbell [mailto:Chris.Campbell@AssetSmart.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 4:58 PM
To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: 1.3 welcome (/axis) page parse error with expat 1.95.8

Hi,

I'm an Axis newbie, and just configured 1.3 from the Windows binaries
under WinXPSP2 with Apache 1.3.22 (the version bundled with Oracle
9.2.0.5).

I'm using Expat 1.95.8 and get the following when attempting to bring up
http://localhost/axis

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://localhost/axis
Line Number 1, Column 335:

The parser is pointing to a border=0 attribute within a <table> tag.  I
believe the 0 value needs to be quoted.

Has anybody run across this issue before and is there a fix or
configuration workaround for binary distribution users?

I'll try Xerces right now to see if it behaves differently.

Thanks much,
ChrisC