axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: notes on doc (win)
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2004 09:29:51 GMT
hi,

Here the idea in the guides (installation or user guide), is to refere
to certain folders once they are introduced in the guide. So inorder to
refer to those folders the conveniton of XXX_FOLDER is used. For ex:
 - APACHE_FOLDER. : to refer to the apache installation folder
 - AXIS_FOLDER : to refer to the Axis folder

But "AXISCPP_DEPLOY" as it is mentioned is clearly a Environment
Variable. So that I think we should not use it to refer to the Axis
Folder, in order to maintain the consistency throughout the doc by using
a simmilar patter to refer to folders (Apache folder or Axis folder
etc...)

In this context I think we have to rename the terms "EXPAT_EXTRACT" and
"XERCES_EXTRACT" as follows.

EXPAT_EXTRACT rename it to EXPAT_FOLDER
XERCES_EXTRACT rename it to XERCES_FOLDER

Roshan