axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Roshan Weerasuriya <ros...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: windows client questions
Date Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:16:19 GMT
hi,

> > 4) if axiscpp.conf is located on the client side what do I have to
write
> >    in it to use the above two services with my client?
>
> You have to set the following in the axiscpp.conf for client:
> ClientWSDDFilePath:The path to the client wsdd
> Transport_http:The HTTP transport library
> XMLParser:The xml parser library

Here setting the "ClientWSDDFilePath:" is optional and you will need it
only if you have configured client side Handlers. (Read the "Axis C++
window user guide" for more info abt Handlers).

Server.wsdd and Client.wsdd is used as a configuration file to the Axis
Engine. It doesn't contain any service specific details/options.

Roshan

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 18:22, Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:
> Answers:
> > 1) Can I use axis c++ to connect to any services or only to services
> >    developed with axis?
> Axis C++ client is capable of interoperating with Axis Java services. (and may be with
.NET
> services - but I have not tested)
>
> > 2) where does axiscpp.conf have to be located? On the client or the server
> >    host?
> On both client and server sides.
> If you are running only client, still you need axiscpp.conf.
>
> > 3) if axiscpp.conf is located on the server side how can I know the path
> >    to this file?
>
> Usually for both client and server, on Windows, it has to be placed in the folder pointed
by
> %AXISCPP_DEPLOY% environment variable.
>

> > 4) if axiscpp.conf is located on the client side what do I have to write
> >    in it to use the above two services with my client?
>
> You have to set the following in the axiscpp.conf for client:
> ClientWSDDFilePath:The path to the client wsdd
> Transport_http:The HTTP transport library
> XMLParser:The xml parser library
>
> You have a sample in deploy folder (have a look at deploy\axiscpp.conf_win)
>
> The URL of the services are not set in the conf file, but in the client code itself.
Have a look