axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "sanjaya singharage" <sanja...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: 1.3 welcome (/axis) page parse error with expat 1.95.8
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2004 04:31:02 GMT
probably the Content-Type http header of the returned http request for /axis
has it set to text/xml. That could be why the browser is trying to parse it
as xml and not html .

sanjaya.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher J. Campbell" <Chris.Campbell@AssetSmart.com>
To: "Apache AXIS C User List" <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 8:00 AM
Subject: RE: 1.3 welcome (/axis) page parse error with expat 1.95.8

Hi again,

FYI I've confirmed that this error is actually coming from the browser
as it tries to render the /axis page, which indeed is not strictly
well-formed per XHTML 1.0.  (The <br> tags should be <br /> in addition
to the border="0" change cited earlier).

What browser are you guys using?  I've tried Firefox 1.0, Mozilla 1.7
and IE 6.0; none of them can render the /axis page on my system.

By the way the test client binaries run fine so Axis itself is
functional, which is obviously the important thing. I'll begin coding my
app tomorrow.

Cheers,
ChrisC