axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject RE: failure notice
Date Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:12:22 GMT

I have raised JIRA issues AXISCPP 192 and 193 which I propose we attempt to
fix prior to declaring 1.3 !

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C User List
             07/10/2004 10:35          <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           RE: failure notice
                User List"

This means that the client still fails during deserialization.
There could be more places that the generated code has got
m_pCall->checkMessage() stuff wrong :(

Samisa...

--- adrian.p.smith@bt.com wrote:

> OK, so I was getting a 'NullPoinerException'.
>
> So now it seems that the 'result' is not getting initialised.
>
> Any ideas?

"><SOAP-ENV:Body><ns1:getCustomerProfile
> > xmlns:ns1="http://www.bt.com/css/mmbi/CH020X/"><mmbiInput
xsi:type="ns2:mmbiInput"
> > xmlns:ns2="http://www.bt.com/css/mmbi/2002/06/types"><correlId
> > xsi:type="xsd:string">°G1</correlId><trace xsi:nil="true"/><location
> > xsi:nil="true"/></mmbiInput><E2E xsi:type="ns2:E2E"
> > xmlns:ns2="http://www.bt.com/css/mmbi/2002/06/types"><pck
> > xsi:type="xsd:string">°G1</pck><callerId xsi:nil="true"/></E2E><telNr

xsi:type="xsd:string">01208561489</telNr></ns1:getCustomerProfile></SOAP-ENV:Body></SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

> > notice the °G1 in <correlId> and <pck>. Subsequent elements in the
complexType are correctly
> > sent as xsi:nil="true". This causes a servlet error on the server side
that results in a
> > SOAP:Fault being returned, so we don't get to check out the
de-serialisation. Is this another
> > bug?
> >
> > 2. I then amended the input pck to not have the < character and I got
another "Unknown
> > Exception". I believe the client is now deserialising the response as I
see the
> > printf("returned\n");. Is there something wrong with:
> >
> >         printf("result = %s\n", result->telNr);
> >
> > Sorry my C/C++ is a bit weak...
> >
> > My client code is:
> >
> > #include "CH020XSoapPort.h"
> > int main()
> > {
> >     try
> >     {
> >         CH020XSoapPort *port = new CH020XSoapPort();
> >
> >         mmbiInput *mmbiIn = new mmbiInput();
> >         mmbiIn->correlId = "adrian";
> >         E2E *e2e = new E2E();
> >         e2e->pck = "PCK002069bt.com SS01
ND1234567890200107190000223344dyemw01 im011111";

> >         getCustomerProfileResponse *result =
port->getCustomerProfile(mmbiIn, e2e,
> > "01208561489");
> >         printf("returned\n");
> >         printf("result = %s\n", result->telNr);
> >         return 0;
> >     }
> >     catch(AxisException &e)
> >     {
> >         printf("Exception : %s\n", e.what());
> >         printf("Exception : %d\n", e.getExceptionCode());
> >         return 1;
> >     }
> >     catch(exception &e)
> >     {
> >         printf("Unknown exception 1 has occured\n" );
> >         return 1;
> >     }
> >          catch(...)
> >     {
> >         printf("Unknown exception has occured\n" );
> >         return 1;
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Adrian Smith
> > BT Group

"getCustomerProfileSoapOutput" to
> > "getCustomerProfileResponse" in the gerated code manually and test.
> >
> > Additionally the response contains a '<' within string values received
in the response.
> > "<pck>PCK&lt;01069bt.com SS01
ND1234567890200107190000223344dyemw01im011111</pck>"
> > It is a known bug that Axis C++ cannot handel '<' and '>' characters in
strings received.

> > Samisa...
> >

> > > This is the last I saw on this - is this a WSDL2ws defect then?
> > >

> > > John Hawkins
> > >

> > >              Samisa Abeysinghe

> > >              <samisa_abeysingh

> > >              e@yahoo.com>
> > >                                        Apache AXIS C User List

> > >              05/10/2004 04:55          <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>

cc
> > >                                        axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org

> > >              Please respond to
Subject
> > >               "Apache AXIS C           RE: failure notice

> > >              Developers List"

> > > I could generate the code and compile as well (on Linux).
> > >
> > > However in the generated code I get the following line in
> > > CH020XSoapPort.cpp file:
> > >     if(AXIS_SUCCESS ==
> > > m_pCall->checkMessage("getCustomerProfileSoapOutput",
> > > "http://www.bt.com/css/mmbi/CH020X/"))
> > >
> > > The response message has:
> > > <ns1:getCustomerProfileResponse
> > > SOAP-ENV:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
> > >
> > > Hence I guess the generated code should be:
> > >         if(AXIS_SUCCESS ==
> > > m_pCall->checkMessage("getCustomerProfileResponse",
> > > "http://www.bt.com/css/mmbi/CH020X/"))
> > >
> > > Possible bug in WSDL2WS tool?
> > >
> > > Further it would be helpful for the exception to say which element it
could
> > > not deserialize,
> > > rather than just saying deserialization failure. (thus we could
verify
> > > situations like these)
> > >
> > > Samisa...

=== message truncated ===