axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Mark Whitlock <mark_whitl...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Fw: Re:[bug fix progress] Why are we releasing?
Date Tue, 12 Oct 2004 15:52:39 GMT

Hi,
Some status on the problems I've been working on and I'm interested in....

AXISCPP-192 "checkMessage picking up wrong node" - I've returned this as a
user error
AXISCPP-193 "Bad characters in complex type when set to null" - I've fixed
this and would like Adrian P Smith to test it to verify my fix
AXISCPP-181 "Entry/exit trace performance bad with trace off" - I've fixed
this
(No JIRA raised) "Axis2Transport fails on windows" - I've fixed this
(Axis2Transport::getHTTPHeaders() contains the fix)
AXISCPP-194 "Inconsistent deserialization error reporting in generated
code" - Not critical for 1.3 so I'm not working on it unless someone asks
AXISCPP-184 "Cannot handle '<' and '>' characters in deserializing a
returned string" - Not critical for 1.3 so I'm not working on it unless
someone asks

So I've fixed all the problems that were outstanding against me for 1.3.
Mark
Mark Whitlock
IBM

----- Forwarded by Mark Whitlock/UK/IBM on 12/10/2004 16:39 -----

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C Developers List
                                                                        cc
                                       axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
              "Apache AXIS C           Re: [bug fix progress] Why are we
             Developers List"          releasing?

I managed to solve AXISCPP-96.

I also closed out few more including 198

Are there any others that we need to look into (apart from AXISCPP-103 (and
89), 192 and 193 which
are being attended by Sanjaya and Mark) before 1.3 release.

Samisa...

--- Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>    We have made good progress with bug fixes.
>
>    Today I have closed out:
>  AXISCPP-95
>  AXISCPP-94
>  AXISCPP-64
>  AXISCPP-57
>  AXISCPP-65
>
>    Accoering to Sanjaya
>  AXISCPP-103 (and 89)
>    seems to be OK with new transport.
>
>    And we have
>  AXISCPP-96
>    pending.
>
> Samisa...
>
> --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
>

> > AXISCPP-103
> > AXISCPP-96
> > AXISCPP-95
> > AXISCPP-94
> > AXISCPP-64
> > AXISCPP-57
> > AXISCPP-65
> >

> > I would agree with most of them but not 65. This may well be fixed
already
> > with some of Fred's recent changes and it's not a sev one - just very
> > annoying !
> >
> > OK, if that's decided then I suggest that we make sure that if you are
> > working on a JIRA problem then you allocate the problem to yourself in
JIRA
> > PRIOR to actually finding a fix i.e. make sure everyone knows not to
waste
> > their time trying to fix it because you are already working on it.
> >
> > I'm offline for a few days (sorry - bad timing!)
> >

> > John Hawkins
> >

> >              Samisa Abeysinghe

> >              <samisa_abeysingh

> >              e@yahoo.com>
> >                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List

> >              07/10/2004 14:35          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>

cc

> >              Please respond to
Subject
> >               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Why are we releasing?

> >              Developers List"

> > > Any others that we need to prioritise for 1.3?
> >
> > The following are worth looking at and fixing:
> >
> > AXISCPP-103
> > AXISCPP-96
> > AXISCPP-95
> > AXISCPP-94
> > AXISCPP-64
> > AXISCPP-57
> > AXISCPP-65
> >
> > I could look at transport and non-Windows stuff in the given order.
> >
> > I need help looking at Windows specific stuff. (because I have a Linux
> > desktop)
> >
> > Samisa...
> >
> > --- John Hawkins <HAWKINSJ@uk.ibm.com> wrote:
> >

> > > OK, well, if there are no dissenters then I think we can say that 1.3
is
> > > using the new transport.
> > > In which case you have no need to tackle the two major defects you
were
> > > looking at - 171 & 89 - in the 1.3 drop ?
> > >
> > > In which case we are just waiting for Mark to look into 192 and 193 ?
> > >
> > > Any others that we need to prioritise for 1.3?
> > >
> > > John Hawkins
> > >

> > >              Samisa Abeysinghe
> >
> > >              <samisa_abeysingh
> >
> > >              e@yahoo.com>
> > >                                        Apache AXIS C Developers List
> >
> > >              07/10/2004 12:54          <axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org>
> >

> > cc
> > >

> > >              Please respond to
> > Subject
> > >               "Apache AXIS C           Re: Why are we releasing?
> >
> > >              Developers List"

> > > Yes it is a good idea to switch to new transport.
> > >
> > > I think Damitha has already put it in the build for Linux.
> > >
> > > Samisa...

> > > use

List

> > > cc