axis-c-user mailing list archives

From James Black <jbl...@ieee.org>
Subject Re: want a help to encrypt data
Date Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:54:10 GMT
Din%$h wrote:

>hi,
>    In axis data is transfer client to server as text(as I know), I
>get know that some guys want to encrypt that data because of the
>security reasons.
>    Thing is I don't have an Idea to where to start. Can some body
>give me an Idea.
>like which way I have to apporoch , documents I have to refer, which
>encryption method that I have to use an so...
>   No matter what Idea is , your Ideas highly appriciated
>thanks,

  You can just encrypt the bytes, then base-64 encode that and send it
as a string, or just send the encrypted data as bytes.  That is what I
do when I send passwords over the network.  That way you are only
encrypting the sensitive parts.

--
"Love is mutual self-giving that ends in self-recovery." Fulton Sheen
James Black    james@usf.edu