axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysin...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Axis C++ questions
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 02:30:50 GMT
Hi Michael,
    Axis C++ does support complex types in WSDL. However it does not support attachments at
the moment.
    Hence you would not be able to use Axis C++ client to send an attachment to server.
Regards,
Samisa...

Michael Clase <Michael.Clase@hummingbird.com> wrote:

I have an existing web service (written in Java), and I need to talk to it
from a C++ client. I am evaluating Axis C++ to see if it can do what I
need.

I am trying to generate client stubs from the WSDL, and I am running into a
few problems.

There seem to be a couple of things in the WSDL that are causing problems:

1. The WSDL defines some complex types
2. The WSDL uses the type apachesoap:DataHandler, which I think means that
the Soap with Attachements is being used. (The methods in question are
intended to transfer documents to the server).

When I remove all the complex types from the WSDL, but leave the
apachesoap:DataHandler parameter, I get the following error:

org.apache.axis.wsdl.wsdl2ws.WrapperFault: unregisterd type
{http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap}DataHandler refered

With the complex types left in, I get:

org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.ElementDecl.getMinOccrs()

Is it possible to do what I want with Axis C++?
Does it support Soap with Attachments and complex types?
If it is possible, any hints on how to get it to work?

Thanks,
Michael Clase

--
Michael Clase