axis-c-user mailing list archives

From John Hawkins <HAWKI...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Problem with client connecting to server
Date Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:27:23 GMT

Absolutely correct !

We only run the client so can't comment on the server but yes as long as
you have the %AXISCPP_DEPLOY%\axiscpp.conf and the properties in that file
are correct then what you say should work. Be careful that the values in
this file are accurate though. The reading of this file is not done very
well (we have JIRA issues open to improve it)

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       Apache AXIS C User List
             30/08/2004 02:41          <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
                                                                        cc

              "Apache AXIS C           Re: Problem with client connecting
                User List"             to server

Hi Kim,
    Infact I am a Linux user, hence I have little idea on the dlls.
However, going through the
installation guide, I could not find an answer to your question; so I think
it is worth
documenting this (How to install to run only the client). I am sure there
are many in this
community who can answer your question.

    You need to set the AXISCPP_DEPLOY environment variable. This variable
should point to the
'deploy' folder. (See windoes install guide) In case you need to use only
the client, you could
have this folder anywhere you wish and make the AXISCPP_DEPLOY point there.
    In adition you have to make sure the contents of the
AXISCPP_DEPLOY/axiscpp.conf are correct
(specially the parser and the transport) Please see the "Transport Library
and Parser Library"
section of windows user guide.

    (I got the feeling that some of the content that need to be in the
install gude are in the
user guide, specially the conf related stuff)

    Hope this helps.

    All those windows Axis users out there!!! Please correct me if my
ehoughts above are not
correct!!!

Thanks,
Samisa...

--- kim.hsieh@utoronto.ca wrote:

> Hi Samisa,
>
>   thanks for the reply.  However, I now realize that it's not the problem
with
> URI. I already changed it, and it still didnt work. I am just wondering
what
> procedures do I have to go through in order to run the clien remotely?
>
>   For instance, I definately need to have AxisClient.dll included in the
path
> or be put in the same folder as the client program. What other
environmental
> variables or programs do I need to set up in order to run the client on
another
> machine?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kim
>
> Quoting Samisa Abeysinghe <samisa_abeysinghe@yahoo.com>:
>
> > Hi Kim,
> >     Either you can use:
> >
> >     YourStubClass stubObject("your URI"); //use the constructor
> > or
> >     stubObject.setEndPoint( "http://localhost:8080/axis/services/echo"
);

> > Please have a look at
tests/client/stubTest/stubBase/InteropBaseClient.cpp