axis-c-user mailing list archives

From "Kroon, Gidi" <Gidi.Kr...@atosorigin.com>
Subject multiRefs in Axis C++ client?
Date Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:43:24 GMT
Hello all,

At the server side I have Axis Java 1.1 sending responses containing
multiRef tags. Seems ok to me. The webservice is defined with the
provider="java:RPC" attribute on the service tag in the wsdd.

At the client side I have Axis C++ 1.2 with Expat 1.95.7, unable to
receive these responses. I blame the multiRefs, which it doesn't seem to
resolve. The call object is initialised with CPP_RPC_PROVIDER as nStyle
and SOAP version 1.1.

A test client using Axis Java 1.1 seemed to have no problems.

Does Axis C++ not support multiRefs? If it does, how can I activate
this? I'd appreciate some pointers as to where I should look to try to
solve this, either client-side or server-side.

The bigger picture is that my Java server-side has a Map containing
Maps, containing Strings and other things. My C++ client in a dll needs
to receive and send structures like these. For now I have a typeMapping
for java:java.util.Map in the wsdd that uses MapSerializerFactory etc
and specifies "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" as encoding.
If there are other ways I should do this to be compatible with Axis C++,
please tell me...

Thanks in advance!

Gidi Kroon