axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Robert Sanford <rsanf...@trefs.com>
Subject Getting Client Call Return Values
Date Thu, 01 Jul 2004 16:31:55 GMT
So now that I am able to successfully submit documents to my Axis server I
am eager to get the response into the client and do something with the
response. I go to the calculator sample code and see the following chunk...

if (AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->Invoke())
{
   if(AXIS_SUCCESS == m_pCall->CheckMessage("subResponse",
"http://localhost/axis/Calculator"))
   {
      Ret = m_pCall->GetElementAsInt("subReturn", 0);
   }
}

So that means that after the invocation has succeeded we do a CheckMessage.
What do the parameters mean? Is Axis expecing that the contents of the
response body is an XML document? That would explain the first parameter and
I would assume it was the root element of the response document.

What is the second parameter for? I would have thought the response would
have come during the invocation and there would be no need to specify the
host URI again. I don't understand.

Assuming that the root element supposition holds true then the
GetElementAsInt makes a lot of sense. But...

What if I want the entire response document to myself rather than going
through the convenience methods such as GetElementAsInt? What if I want the
entire response document starting from the root? How do I get that?

Many thanks!

rjsjr