axis-c-user mailing list archives

From Brian Peschel <bri...@occinc.com>
Subject Problems with > in return messages
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2004 20:12:08 GMT
I am not sure if this should go here or in the developer's list, but I
will try here first.

I wrote a simple soap application to send a string and receive a
string.  The operation was called 'command'.  I just want the string to
bounce back right now, so my code looks like:
xsd__string OccWebTicket::command(xsd__string Value0)
{
    return Value0;
}

This seems to work fine until I send a '>' through in the request ie
'<testTag>'.  I expected to receive back the same thing, instead I
recieve back '>'.  Through a bit of investigaion, it appears to always
be dropping everything before the '>'.  (ie send 'test<>Tag' and receive
'>Tag').

The same problem appears in the interoptests/base test program (change
'hello world' to 'hello>world' and you will see the same thing.

If I use the TCPMON java program, the problem is on the server side, not
the client.  Here is the send message (for the base test program)
POST /axis/base HTTP/1.1
Host: 127.0.0.1

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
   <SOAP-ENV:Envelope
      <SOAP-ENV:Body>
         <ns1:echoString xmlns:ns1="http://soapinterop.org/">
            <inputString xsi:type="xsd:string">hello&gt;world</inputString>
         </ns1:echoString>
      </SOAP-ENV:Body>
   </SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

And the receive message